Sweet “Buttermilk” Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Preheat the oven to 425º F and add the lemon juice to the coconut milk. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add in the coconut oil and mix until it resembles fine crumbs. (Don’t over mix.)
- Slowly pour in the “buttermilk” (coconut milk w/ lemon juice) until a soft dough forms. (Don’t over mix it – a dough that looks rough makes a better biscuit.)
- Pour the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 3-4 times. Roll out with a rolling pin
- to a ½” thickness and use the end of a glass or biscuit cutter to cut circles.
- Transfer the biscuits to a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until the biscuits have risen and the tops are just slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve with raw honey, butter, or chia jam for the best biscuits ever.