You guys are in for a treat because I am sharing my all time favorite raw dish with you. Although it’s typically considered something breakfast, I pretty much eat it anytime and all the time. It’s delicious, easy to make, full of fiber, and although I can’t make promises, I am under the not-so-dilusional assumption that it will give you glowing skin and balance out those trips to the loo. The bonus? If you have kids, they’ll like it too. Promise.
I make this recipe before I go to bed and let it sit on the counter overnight, but if you’re in a rush, two hours will do. Be sure to add the toppings so you can trick your body into thinking you’re actually eating dessert for breakfast. The best part? As long as you have the oats, apple, and chia seeds, the rest of the ingredients can be easily substituted or left out entirely!
So, here it is: My recipe for the best raw breakfast ever.
- 2 cups of rolled or raw rolled oats
- 2.5 – 3 cups of almond or coconut milk (I make my own so I can keep things raw.)
- ½ cup of slivered almonds or almond flour (If you don’t have this, you can leave it out.)
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 apple (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- ½ teaspoon of raw vanilla powder (You can leave this out or use organic extract.)
- 2 teaspoons of flax meal or hemp seeds, a handful of goji or mulberries, raisins, cranberries, etc. Go crazy here. You can add whatever you want.
- Raw (or organic/unsalted) almond butter
- Raw honey
- Raw strawberry chia jam, strawberries, blueberries, or pomegranate arils
- Combine all of the ingredients or additional/optional additives, except for the milk. Stir to combine evenly.
- Next, at the milk. Add enough to just cover the oats – no more or it will be soupy.
- Place on a counter overnight or for a few hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, add your toppings. Trust me, you don’t want to leave these out!