I recently posted about the benefits of elderberries and shared one of my favorite recipes for making elderberry syrup. This medicinal syrup is great, but for some us, we need a little something extra. Call it our desire to be creative, our love for all things gummy, or our need to be prepared with multiple forms of one of the best natural remedies ever – this recipe will hook you up.
I bring you, “Elderberry Gummy Lozenges.” Take 1-2 gummies twice a day for maintenance and 2-3 gummies 3x daily if experiencing a cold or flu. Up the medicinal value by adding your favorite spices (like cinnamon and ginger) and juice from a lemon or orange (high in vitamin C) and store the gummies in your fridge, so they’re ready when you need them.
- In a separate bowl add the gelatin and then pour the water over it. Stir very quickly to combine. Let sit 3-5 minutes to absorb.
- Spoon out bloomed gelatin into the elderberry liquid on the stove. Use a whisk to stir and dissolve the gelatin on medium/low heat.
- Syringe or pour liquid into silicon food grade molds of choice or a glass rectangular dish for gummy cubes.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes until hardened but not frozen.
- Push out mold shapes or cut squares out of the rectangular shaped glass.
- Keep refrigerated up to a week.
The elderberry gummy/lozenge recipe used in this post was created and submitted by Stefanie Read, a mother of two with a passionate love for natural wellness, wholesome food, and attachment parenting. She taught herself about fermentation and using essential oils safely, and has been living a grain free/dairy free lifestyle for three years with her firefighter husband. To see what’s happening in her kitchen, you can follow her on Pinterest HERE.