Tis’ the season for all things steals, deals, and presents, so I’ve been told. I have to admit that I’ve never been out on Black Friday and for some reason, I always forget to budget for Cyber Monday. I should get it together though, because now is the time to upgrade to a healthier lifestyle.
Because we’re friends, I made it easy and made a few lists, so you can make the switch, give and get gifts you actually want for Christmas, load your kids up with more than just the material, and make the upgrades you’ve been longing for.
For the Girls, Kitchen Master, Queen Mom, and Wannabe Blogger
1. THE Instant Pot – Guys, it’s time to get on board. This is the 7-in-1 stainless steel pressure cooker that everyone has been talking about. I’m embarrassed to admit that I paid full price for mine last Spring because I couldn’t wait any longer, but I’m glad I did. This lovely can cook a rotisserie chicken in 30 minutes and if you throw the bones back in, you could have bone broth in a mere hour and a half. It cooks hardboiled eggs, oatmeal, slower cooker anything, yogurt, soups, stews, and everything else in a fraction of the time.
Have you ever heard of cooking a lasagna in a pressure cooker? (Yeah. It’s a thing.) Check out my “Instant Pot Recipes” board on Pinterest for some recipes to get you started.
2. Champion Juicer – This is the juicer I have used (almost daily) for the past 8 years, and it’s nothing less than the best. Although I use a heavy-duty commercial model, the household model is equally popular and $30 cheaper.
3. Oster Blender – I have a confession. Despite the amount of smoothies I make, I didn’t spend hundreds of dollars on a VitaMix, I spent $69 on an Oster and we’re going on four years together. Here’s a hack: Invest in a cheap $8 attachment blade and it will grind chia and flax into meal too … but you didn’t hear that from me.
4. Kitchen Aid Mixer – I would die without my Kitchen Aid. First … man invented fire. Then … man invented mixer. Any recipe that calls for mixing of any kind either gets thrown in here, or my food processor.
5. Excalibur Dehydrator – While we’re talking about my kitchen must-haves, this dehydrator definitely makes the list. You can make anything in it from cookies, granola, and veggie chips to fruit leathers, dried herbs, and jerky (if you’re into that sort of thing). Although I have a 9-tray, a 5-tray is sufficient for most, and a timer is a must.
6. Mason Jar Mugs – These are the cute, practical mugs that I use all the time. I dig the jars with lids because they keep your juice fresher longer. When I’m ready to down it, I use these stainless steel drinking straws.
7. Essential Oil Diffuser and Starter Kit – Everyone loves essential oils. You cannot go wrong with a diffuser and a starter kit that includes the favorites. Get 25% off your first order and free shipping using the code LIVEWHOLE25.
8. Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace – There are many different styles of diffuser necklaces. I recommend something stainless steel with removable/washable inserts, so you can switch out your oils.
9. Epsom Salt Bundle – Obsessed with epsom salts? So am I. This bundle contains a muscle soak, sleep formula, and the original un-scented formula by Epsoak. For all of the amazing things epsom salt can do, check out my post here.
10. Dead Sea Mud Masks – Sometimes you just need a little something for yourself to make you feel human. In addition to your glass of wine and your once-a-year holiday bath, give yourself a facial. You’ll look crazy but when you wash it off, your skin won’t.
11. Lotus Wood Exfoliation System – Your skin is the largest detoxifying organ in the body. Dry skin brushing increases circulation, unclogs pores, helps flush the lymphatic system, and will enhance any detox. First the brush, then the mask.
12. Go Macro Bars – Move over dark chocolate. These are the best! These energy/protein bars are plant-based, gluten-free, organic, vegan, non-gmo, are made with simple, healthy ingredients, and come in 19 different varieties.
13. Blog Hosting – Want to start your own natural health-mama-whatever it is you’re into blog? Get the best web hosting at 60% off, and read my post on starting a blog (from scratch) for a step-by-step guide.
15. Get or Gift Real Plans – Eating good food isn’t complicated when you’re using a meal planner with super powers. Real plans creates customizable gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo, traditional, or vegetarian plans to suit your family’s size, busy schedule, and ever-changing needs. (If you’re gifting a plan to someone else, simply enter the date you’d like to notify the recipient of their new subscription.)
Cute gifts, Constructive Crafts, and Other Things You Won’t Pull Your Hair Out Over – (Kids)
1. Birch Button Headbands – If you’re like me, you got over spending a bajillion dollars for baby/toddler accessories, like yesterday. This Texas mama makes the cutest stuff ever and
you can actually afford it. We’ll dub this the “cute” gift.
2. Mini Trampoline – A rebounder is great for small spaces, cold or rainy days, and for kids who struggle with self-regulation or sensory processing issues.
3. Kiwi Crate – My kids love a good subscription to all things Kiwi Crate, which offers DIY projects, hands-on play and learning activities, crafts, and educational projects for ages baby to big kid (16+).
4. Melissa and Doug – M & D make toys … the good kind. My kids love pattern blocks and boards, lacing beads, wooden magnetic dress up dolls, and the wooden magnet responsibility chart. (Okay … that one’s for me.)
5. Crayon Rocks – Non-toxic, all natural soy wax crayons, designed to strengthen grip muscles in young children and improve motor coordination.
7. Piggy paint – Non-toxic nail polish for girls. Enough said.
Gifts (or Not) for the Man Candy in Your Life
As for the man in your life? I could be totally off base here, but what your man probably wants costs nothing but time, can’t be bought online, and involves something “Rated R.” But if you don’t believe me, go head and grab some beard oil and socks. Men love socks.